Monday, August 25, 2008


You have all probably seen our anniversary pictures by now, so you know that last Monday we spent the afternoon on the Hiawatha trail and had a picnic lunch. Well, here's the 'rest of the story'.
On the way home Dad suggested that we go to a new Italian restaurant for dinner. OK, but I wasn't hungry yet since we'd had a late lunch, so my mind started working, and I said "we can ride our bikes to the restaurant (it's by Albertsons, so not too far...) and then we can bike up to Zips and have a dip cone for dessert!" Well, we finally came to the conclusion that we didn't need to have 'real' dinner, and since we are adults now, we opted for having dip cones for dinner instead! Good thing we didn't ride our bikes, though, because Zip's doesn't sell them anymore, so we had to go all the way to Dairy Queen to get them!
Tuesday was pretty busy with golf and Coeurimba practice that lasted until about 10:00 since we were preparing for TWO gigs in one week! Then, Wednesday was spent having a massage and cleaning house. Thursday I played about 6 holes of golf before we got rained out, ran out to the fair grounds for our first gig of the week and we got 'rain delayed' twice (both times having to quickly dismantle the instruments and run with them for cover from the rain and hail into the poultry barn!) Then, we picked up Sarah and Josh (our adopted young adult kids - since we don't have any of our own here in town...) and went to dinner at Bonsai and then to see Les Miserables at NIC. That was great! Darcy Wright was Eponine and she did a great job! It was really fun to see her.
Friday I baked cupcakes for Brad and Jessie's reception and then got ready to leave for Pullman in the afternoon. We got to the hotel about 5:30 and then walked through the lentil festival and got some food and had ice cream for dessert. Tina actually got a whole scoop of lentil ice cream! She let us taste it and we were glad that we'd gotten more traditional flavors....
Saturday we got ready for our gig in the park and we realized we were pretty much the main event musically speaking. That was fun! We played for two hours and had a great time! Then we packed up and headed up to CdA. I got home just in time to get ready for Brad and Jessie's reception and it was really a nice time! The weather was beautiful and we sat in the back yard and had hot dogs and chips and cup cakes! It was really fun. I think we were the last group to leave - we stayed quite a bit past dark!
Yesterday was Stake Conference and it was nice, too. Lots of good messages - a few that hit a little too close to home, so we have to be humble and accept the counsel from our leaders! Then we pretty much spent the day with Alan and Sandy and Brad and Jessie and TJ eating left over hot dogs and cup cakes! But it was all good. Then we played up & down the river and watched the closing ceremonies from the olympics. Good week.
Here we go again: it's Monday!


Porter Family said...

Man, good thing you're so busy or you'd have such a hard time missing everyone. I'm glad you have adopted new kids. We're jealous we missed hanging out with Aunt Sandy and Uncle Alan and fam. Love ya.

GiGi said...

It's nice to be busy isn't it. Thanks for hanging with us and helping with the cupcakes! I'm glad we live in the same town.

Love you guys!