Thursday, May 1, 2008

My twin "Sister"...

In a parallel universe, this is what I might look like if I weren't a Mormon! Last night we had a dress rehearsal at Suzie's house for our weekend performance of the first two songs from Nunsense at the Lake City Playhouse. Suzie asked if I'd help out and take the part of Sister Robert Ann (the street-wise Nun) and sing for a short performance before a matinee on Saturday. It's an advertisement for the fall production of Nunsense. She said it could lead to a part in the show, but not for sure. I checked the calendar for the playhouse, and the production would happen right when we were supposed to be in Tahoe with my sisters... Well, I decided not even to audition. But then we had that dress rehearsal last night, and we performed for Doug and the kids, and it was so fun that I've lost my resolve not even to try out for the part.... Don't I look like a convincing Nun? And I can sing with a Brooklyn accent, so that's good... well, trying out doesn't mean I will get the part, but I'm pretty good, if I do say so myself. Maybe I'll just invite everyone to come up and see the show! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Porter Family said...

Aren't you supposed to have a gold cross necklace hanging around your neck, or is that only the Mother Superior that has that? Good luck with the auditions later on. That would be so much fun if you got the part! Maybe the Tahoe reunion could get moved up to Cd'A for the weekend or something?

The Crebs Family said...

You look so authentic Mother Marilyn. But you need your rosary don't you. I think that is what Heather was referring too, it has a name Heath...sorry for her ignorance. :) Just jokes. Good luck with the auditions! But hey at least you are in a win win situation...You get the part, fun, you go to Tahoe, fun too!

Porter Family said...

Rude Linds.