Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tag, I'm it!

Lindsay said I've been tagged, so I need to tell 6 things about myself that you might not know. That's the easy part - then I have to 'tag' 6 other people to do the same thing. Trouble is, do I know 6 other people with a blog????

Well, I have come to the conclusion that I talk too much, because I can't think of 6 things you don't know about me, so I'll go for stuff I think might make for a little interesting reading:
1. Last weekend I went to 'little Philmont' with Steve and we got locked out of our cabin in our flannel jammies for 20 minutes while making a 5:45 AM bathroom run. I also now know what a wild turkey strangling on toilet paper at 2AM sounds like. (It would make a great sound effect for a haunted house!)
2. Before I die I would like to learn French well enough that I would be able to call myself fluent. I've been in love with the sound of French since I was a little kid and heard Maurice Chevalier speak English with an accent. (I thought he WAS speaking French - turns out it's not that easy...)
3. I've always been a little afraid of public humiliation, but that didn't stop me from trying new things, and now I play the marimba with Coeurimba. It's really fun, and my secret desire is to be assigned to play lead on one of the numbers we play - I think I'm getting close to that goal.
4. Not only have I learned to play golf rather recently, but I am actually learning to enjoy the game and not feel stupid when I make a bad shot. I have learned that if I decide I'm only interested in having fun when I play that I usually get a lower score! Go figure!
5. I am so intent on doing things that are different from the ordinary that sometimes things don't turn out the way I planned. Luckily I have not screwed up any of the grandchildren's birthday presents yet! (at least not that I've heard...!)
6. I actually enjoy substitute teaching! It's sort of 'teaching lite'. I get to show up and do some stuff that is usually fun and then I don't have to worry about grades or discipline problems or other stuff like that. And if I don't want to work, I just say so and they can't assign me to work that day - and they won't fire me for not being available! What a job!
Now I'm supposed to tag 6 people - but I'm not sure I know 6 people with blogs! OK, Sandy, Suzie, Tawnie, Brad (that's only 4...) Can I tag the other 2 later? Amy! I know Amy, and she has a blog! Now I only need one more....

2 comments:

The Crebs Family said...

Thanks mom! I think that 5 people is great! I should have left Meagan for you too, if I wouldn't have hogged her that would have been 6 people! SORRY!

Porter Family said...

Mom, nicely done. If you need another person, go to Tamar's blog...she is the most popular of the three of us. :)