Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Beautiful day for a birthday party!

Charles and Urlene and Whitney made it to town for the weekend, so we decided to have a birthday party for Urlene since she maintains that she never got to have one growing up because it was too inconveniently timed - April 15th - TAX DAY... She got a beautiful, 4-layer vanilla cake with cute flowers all over it. Sami and Caki thought it was a great 'dry run' for their birthdays on the 28th of this month!
We discovered another visitor to the party... a bright green lizard! He was showing off his 'fan' under his neck for a while, but, of course, not for the camera! At least he stayed put long enough for us to get a decent picture!
Here's another picture of the gang on Sunday afternoon. Whitney, me, John, Teresa, Urlene and Monica darling... sitting in the shade out of the HOT SUN!!!

3 comments:

Gail said...

Thanks for sharing your visit to Texas. You look like you are having a blast. Miss you!
Gail

Porter Family said...

Hey, tell the family to email me so I can add them on our safe list...I emailed whitney and aunt urlene, but didn't have anyone else's address. So, since you're there for another day, tell them to email me! Love ya! I love whitney's hair dark! I didn't recognize her the first time! I'm so used to the blonde hair.

The Crebs Family said...

Looks like so much fun! next time we get to come okay!?! Tell everyone we love them! Have fun!