Thursday, April 10, 2008

Texas Wildflowers

The beautiful Bluebonnet - State flower of Texas. Aren't they bright and pretty? It was cool to be there during the blooming time... And this is an Indian Fire Wheel (also known as and Indian paint blanket). They bloom everywhere!
Here is the pink version of buttercups - I think some people call them wine cups...
And I don't know the name of this flower, but it was blooming everywhere! So cute!
Alas, the Indian Paint Brushes just started blooming at the end of my trip, so the only time I saw any was out the window on the freeway on my way to the airport. Sorry, no paintbrush pictures this year. I'll just have to try again next year! That's a great idea!
The truth is, we've already scheduled another visit with Monica, Farid, Teresa and John for Lake Taho in September. Farid wanted to know if any of my kids could come. Well, probably not, but maybe Lindsay could find a way....? Anyway, he sure loves the family! What a great time we all had together. Wish you could have been there. Nobody got tired of being together!

3 comments:

The Crebs Family said...

What time in September? Riley has a 7 week break from July to Sep 9th. So if it is early september, we are so there!! :) Love the flowers!

Porter Family said...

Lake Tahoe? I'm sure we could work something out...we have a credit card that hasn't been maxxed out yet. Hmm. Just kidding.

Tamar and Trevor said...

That would be so much fun!!! Sometimes that school thing sure gets in the way of all my fun. We miss you lots and wish we could spend more time together.