Saturday, February 16, 2008

Fiesta!

Friday night we had a Mexican fiesta at our house. I am taking a Spanish class at church with Shawna Miller and Linda Rattigan (pictured below) that is being taught by Isabella and Jim Kinsey. Isabella will be leaving for Mexico in early March, so we wanted to get together before she left so we could have some fun. I hosted the dinner, so I went to the 50% off card shoppe and found some fun stuff to decorate with.
Here is one shot of the table - plates and glasses from Target, goblets from Ramona, table runner and red napkins from an auction Dad and I attended a couple of years ago, drinking straws with paper sombreroes added a really festive touch! Here is a shot of the table from the other direction so you can see my string of chili peppers! We had tortilla soup, fruit salad, sliced fresh fruit and vegetables, guacomole and chips, black bean soft tacos, and a really "delicioso" corn and black bean salsa. Isabella also made a very interesting drink from steeping purple flowers. I'm not sure how to spell it, but it sounded like 'formica' only with an 'h' sound instead of the 'f'. It was a deep purple color and I developed a taste for it by the time the dinner was over. Oh, and there was flan for dessert! Another little something I'm going to have to walk a few more miles to recover from, but it sure did taste good!
After dinner we all went down stairs to watch "Tortilla Soup". It was pretty good. We had a great time and I think I want to start hosting dinners here more often. This party wasn't over until about 11PM! And I was awake the whole time! Woo-Hoo! I'm a fiesta animal now!

2 comments:

Porter Family said...

Yum, you're making me hungry. I love mexican food! bueno!

The Crebs Family said...

You should still post pictures of Darbye. I just did it for my friends who look at the blog and know Darbye, like from the singles ward. You should do it for your friends who know Darbye and want an update or relatives! It will be great!