Thursday, February 7, 2008

OK, Lindsay, Maybe I do like these things!

4 jobs I've had in my life: I've worked at a vending company where I put mixtures of small toys encased in plastic spheres in bags (for loading into bubble gum machines); I've worked at an Orange Julius at the Irving Mall; taught sign language for several elementary school's after-school language programs in Madison, Wisconsin; and I've been substitute teaching in the Coeur d'Alene school district for the past 4 years (I REALLY like this job.)

5 places I've been: 1. Ireland, to my grandfather's birthplace. Such a beautiful place! And friendlier people I've NEVER met! 2. Paris (and lots of other places in France). That's a cool place, plus I can practice using French - always an adventure! 3. Hong Kong. As a 'Western European' type you can't just blend in there, but the people, the scenery and the culture are quite interesting. 4. Scotland. That was a fun place! Urquhart castle with a bagpiper at sunset! Really fun! 5. Coming in with a tie for my most favorite place is The Grande Place in the heart of Brussels, Belgium; and Brugges, the city of lace and chocolate. What a step back in time!

4 favorite foods: Well, it would be easier to list what I DON'T like, since food and I have had a love/hate relationship throughout my life! But, this is asking for my favorites, so here goes. 1. Fried chicken - I don't eat it too often (I'm too short for that many calories...) but it does taste wonderful, especially with sides of mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans! 2. Homemade banana nut (pecan) ice cream. My Aunt Tete used to make that for me whenever we'd go visit her and Uncle Don in New Mexico. That's how I knew she loved me! 3. Chocolate pudding with whipped cream on top. Mama used to make that for us sometimes, and we'd sit on the front porch and stirr it all up together and take about an hour to eat it! Yum! 4. Hot homemade bread fresh out of the oven with butter and jam! Doesn't that just make your mouth water to think about it? Heavenly!

3 people I'd like to get to know better: I'm just going to lump all of my nephews and nieces together here - my sibling's children. I haven't been close enough to get to know them for the last several years (18?). I had the opportunity to get to know Whitney in France, and she is such a doll! I would like to get to know the others, too!

4 reasons I love being me: 1. My family - what else is there? 2. The places I've gotten to go to and experience other ways and cultures. 3. Being from Texas. I know there are a lot of people who make fun (or worse) of Texans, but being from Texas always gets some kind of response from people, good or bad. At least everyone knows where it is! (besides, some have tried, but you just can't fake that accent!) 4. I am glad I inherited the 'southern' story-telling gene. It's really fun to captivate an audience with a story, and I think I got it from both of my parents!

4 classes I wish were offered to me and I could participate in: 1. I have recently decided that I need to take a music theory class. If I understood a little better how music worked, maybe music would come easier to me (not that it's that hard, but I think this would make it easier...). 2. I also want to find time to learn to play the piano. (again, music theory would help!) 3. I want to learn to speak Russian. 4. I am currently learning Spanish, so I guess that doesn't count... 4b. I'd probably go with Lindsay to the anatomy class. I've always thought it was interesting to learn how the body works. That would be cool.

4 friends I want to tag: OK, you already know that I don't know too many people who have blogs besides my kids, so I'm just going to tag Gail Goodwin. I just helped her set up her blog page a couple of weeks ago, so I'm just about sure she hasn't been tagged. Since I helped her set up her page, can she count for all four friends?

3 comments:

The Crebs Family said...

Thanks mom..what a pal for actually participating. We are excited to see you soon! Good Job on the Blog instruction for Sister Goodwin, her sight looks great! Who knew just a couple months ago you would be teaching someone else how to blog?!? You have come a long way and I am proud of you! :)

Porter Family said...

I think service definitely counts. You can always just hop over to my page and tag as many people as you want to. I have lots of friends, so I will share with you. :) I thought you already knew Russian, you spy!

Gail said...

Ok Marilyn....I've been tagged! I am going to answer the questions. Sounds like fun! Thank you for introducing me to blogging. I love it!
Gail Goodwin