Wednesday, February 20, 2008

MOOSE!!!

Here's the story: I've heard there is a big old bull moose roaming around the club grounds - and many sightings have occurred across the street from our back yard. Therefore, I have felt a little left out not having seen the moose - either of them - yet. Well, all that changed Tuesday morning!
I got a call from the school about 5:45 to sub for a sick teacher at CHS. She has a zero hour class that starts at 6:30 AM, so I had to hurry. I got out the door about 6:30 (which was excusable ahead of time - I'm not so unreliable as all that!) and had to scrape the frost off the windshield of the car before I could go anywhere! I was in an understandable hurry!
I got in the car, backed out of the driveway, and noticed another car headed S-L-O-W-L-Y my way, so I pulled over for it to pass me. (you know this street is quite narrow). Well, when I got to the corner and looked to my left to check for on-coming traffic (yeah, even at 6:30AM...) I saw something that looked a little like a stand of shrubbery out of the corner of my eye. I looked closer, and it was THE BULL MOOSE! He was lying down in Mrs. Brown's yard! I immediately thought of calling and allerting Dad, but noticed that my phone was up in my room being charged! AARGH! I was half way to school before I thought that I had my camera with me, and that would have made a cool blog picture! But, I was already late, and I COULDN'T go back and take a picture after I'd thought about it! DANG!
Well, that afternoon, while driving home, I wanted to make sure it hadn't just been my imagination, so I looked toward the spot where I remembered seeing the big old guy lounging around. I thought I'd see an indentation in the snow or something to confirm that he'd been there.... He'd been there, all right! He left a little 'package' for us to remember him by. I just didn't think that made the best picture, so you can use your imaginations for that!

1 comments:

Porter Family said...

That is kinda scary. I remember seeing one in the car once and I thought, "What's this horse doing in the middle of the road?...Why does the horse have a beard?...HOLY CRAP, THAT'S BULLWINKLE!!!" How nice of him to leave you a package. Show's he cares since he didn't put it in a paper bag and light it on fire.