Saturday, February 16, 2008

My Pretty Valentine

Well, for Valentine's day, my valentine got me flowers and a wide-screen digital picture frame so now we can upload all the cute grandkid pictures and show them off to anyone who dares come into our home! It even comes with a remote control so we can "help" our guests see all the pictures! Great idea! Then we went out and had a 5 course meal at the club and it was really nice! The best (and fanciest) shrimp coctail I've ever eaten, followed by corn chowder served in a tiny glass bowl with a crusty piece of bread with oysters and a pate (I know it had a fancy name, I just don't remember it now...) then a salad that was something like a gingam, but tweaked a bit, then a choice of entrees: scallops or beef or lamb (that's what I had) or ahi (that's what Dad had) and then the dessert! A molten chocolate cake with gigantic cherries and whipped cream. Dad didn't eat all of his, but I found a way to eat all of MY dessert! I walked off about half of it the next morning!
Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comments:

The Crebs Family said...

How fun! Sounds like your guys had a great time! I love the dinner party. I know where I get my love of dinner parties from...YOU! Not too surprising though, I think i got a lot of my quirks from you! :) Can't wait to see you soon! Love ya!